Floodplain Administrator - Jason McPherson
City Hall - 580-658-5401
Marlow's floodplain is small and is centered around area creeks. However, any property is susceptible to flooding no matter where you are. Flood insurance is available to all residents through the National Flood Insurance Program and almost any insurance agent.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Floodplain Administrator
1. Be accredited by the Oklahoma Water Resources Board with 6 hours of annual continuing education.
2. Review permit applications for determination a proposed building will be reasonably safe from flooding.
3. Review, approve or deny all applications for development permits required by the city's floodplain ordinance.
4. Review proposed development to assure that all necessary permits have been obtained from those Federal, State, or local governmental agencies from which prior approval is required.
5. Make the necessary interpretation, as needed, as to the exact location of the boundaries of the areas of special flood hazards.
6. Notify, in riverine situations, adjacent communities and the Oklahoma Water Resources Board prior to any alteration or relocation of a watercourse, and submit evidence of such notification to FEMA.
7. Assure that the flood carrying capacity within the altered or relocated portion of any watercourse is maintained.
8. Obtain, when not provided, review, and reasonably utilized any base flood elevation data and floodway data available from any source when base flood elevation is contemplated.
9. After a disaster or other type of damage occurrence to structures in your community, determine if the residential and non-residential structures and manufactured homes have been substantially damaged, and enforce the substantial improvement requirement.
10 Maintain and hold open for public inspection all records pertaining to provisions of these regulations. In Marlow, this file is available in the Floodplain Administrator's office during regular City Hall hours.