Code Enforcement/Building Permits

Building permits are required for the following items:

  • New home construction

  • Fencing

  • Sheds, outbuildings, carports, shops, storm cellars/safe rooms

  • Room additions (changing the square footage of a structure)

  • Swimming pools

  • Demolition of a structure

  • Moving of a structure

  • Street/sidewalk/pavement cutting

  • Driveways

  • Signage

  • Electric Vehicle Charging Station

Commercial Construction

Commercial Construction

For commercial construction or remodel, contact the State Fire Marshal's office at (800) 522-8666. A city building permit is also required as well as plumbing and electrical inspections by the City of Marlow.